Sunday, April 8, 2007

Happy Easter!


Hope you're all having a lovely day of hiding eggs, eating calories-be-damned ham and sharing the day with loved ones. Remember, calories and fat DO NOT COUNT on the holidays. It's true. Ask anyone.


Here is my Calories-Be-Damned Ham Glaze Recipe just for you all!


1/2 C. peanut butter

1 C. packed brown sugar

1/2 C. chicken stock/broth

1 can crushed pinapple

1/4 C. honey

1 minced garlic clove

1 chopped shallot

a few twists of black pepper


Toss all these in a blender or food processor and puree. You can use this as a marinade (I do), and then still have plenty left over to use as a glaze (I do) and then STILL more left over to serve as a sauce on the table (I totally do). When using as a glaze, boil it on the stovetop for 5 minutes (at a rolling boil) and then let it sit for a few minutes before glazing the ham with it.


Happy Bunny Day!!

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

You know, Susan, usually I can eyeball a recipe and "taste" it in my mind, but this one has me stumped! Something about the peanut butter just doesn't fit with the rest of the ingredients, but I trust your judgment! I guess it's sort of a satay kind of flavor or along those lines. I just ripped open the packet that came with the ham, I was so exhausted from all the other cooking tonight, so lord knows, I'm not criticizing...

The Dainty Deb said...

LOL -- nothing wrong with ripping open the packet! The peanut butter, for me, cuts the sweetness just right for my tastebuds (I cannot do a cloyingly sweet ham). I also sometimes add in some soy sauce, and it does take on that satay/Asian taste to it.